The foundation stone of the Canara Pre-University college building was laid on 2nd Jan 1972, by Shri U. Gopalakrishna Nayak. The College building was inaugurated by Sujir Panduranga Nayak on 2nd July 1972. Since then the college has been witnessing dimensional growth in all aspects of education. From 1975 onwards, the college started securing academic distinctions. 32 ranks in total were secured by the students till 1999 in State P.U. Board Examination. The college has continuously shown its growth both in infrastructure and strength of students. Presently students from over 165 schools from within and outside the state of Karnataka are, at present, studying in our college. The Institution owes its growth to the efficient management and the contribution of 3 dedicated Principals.
Sri Janardhan Pai, M.Sc,
As a student he was an exceptional student in academics. He secured academic distinction in B.Sc and awarded ‘Best outgoing student’ of the year. Then in M.Sc, he specialized in organic chemistry and there too, he bagged the 10th rank from Manasa Gangothri, Mysore. He started his career as a lecturer in 1972 at Poorna Prajna P.U.College, Admar. In 1973 he joined this Institution and till date he has rendered 37 committed years of service. He was the vice-principal from 2001 to 2006. He took charge as Principal on 1st January 2007. He has varied work experience related to the functioning of the college as well as P.U Department. Above all, he is a good teacher, voracious reader, thinker, administrator, and a good human being.
Facilities provided at our school
• Spacious and well equipped office with office automation
• State-of-the-art Physics and Chemistry laboratories with more than 4000 sq ft area
• 2500 sq ft Bio Lab with museum
• Electronics lab with state of the art facilities
• Air conditioned computer Lab with 40 computers
• OHP and LCD projector
• Library and reading room to accommodate more 300 students than at a time
• Book Bank facility for economically weak students
• Provision of scholarships instituted by various government and non-government organizations
• Students Safety Insurance Policy to cover accident risks
Awards & Achievements
• Overall champions in State level children’s festival ‘KALOTSAVA – 09′ conducted by Sandesh Prathistana
• Overall champions at Sarojini Madhusudan Kushe P.U.College
• Winners in Quiz conducted by Limca book of records where 78 teams from different colleges participated
• Participated in National level metallurgy and material science quiz conducted by Indian Institute of Metallurgy, Kalpakam after being selected at NITK, Surathkal.
• The swimmers bagged 22 medals at the district level and 2 medals in State level competitions
• In the National level Karate championship – 09, organised by D K Karate Federation, Nagaraj K Naik of I Sc I, secured first prize.